Performing regular muscle fitness targeted exercises is important in maintaining and building stronger bones.
Over the past few years, TRX-suspension training has had very little scientific research to back up its effectiveness in obtaining great muscular fitness.
Before we jump over to the real reason why you are here, it is important to know a few significant information on muscular fitness that would really help boost your overall fitness thus getting a better understanding of muscular fitness.
What is the definition of muscular fitness?
This is the ability of the body muscles to be able to contract continuously and endure a long period of contraction without beginning to resist muscular fatigue.
The body muscles are designed to providing a good power strength that is able to sustain locomotion and overcome force for a longer period of time.
Muscular strength is part of the main components of fitness.
What does it mean to be a fit person?
Most people think that being fit is the ability to be able to do over 50 push-ups or being able to compete in sporting/athletic events.
However, this is not the case!
Being fit is the ability to be able to possess the 5 main components of fitness.
Why Are 5 Components Of Fitness Important?
- Cardio-Respiratory Endurance Fitness.
This refers to the body’s ability to efficiently deliver nutrients and oxygen to the working muscles and transporting waste materials from the cells.
This fitness component helps reduce the risk of lung cancer, heart disease, stroke and type 2 Diabetes.
It also improves the condition of your heart and lungs.
- Muscular Strength Fitness.
- Helps in injury prevention.
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis by strengthening your bones.
- Prevent chronic diseases.
- Helps in getting good body posture and strengthening body tendons and ligaments.
- Muscular Endurance.
- Helps decrease your resting heart rate.
- Very effective in burning excess calories.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Improve body stamina.
- Body Composition.
This is your body’s fat percentage.
- Helps to lower cholesterol level.
- It helps prevent angina.
- Reduce the risk of diseases such as cancer, heart attack and stroke.
- Improves your breathing and mobility.
- Improve your blood sugar level.
- It reduces the risk of getting injuries, muscle soreness and muscle pain.
- Reduces joint degeneration.
- Improve muscle coordination and your overall performance during the day.
- Increase the supply of blood and nutrients to your body tissues.
TRX-suspension training has always raised questions of its effectiveness in building muscular strength, leading to doubtful conclusions.
The American Council Of Sports led by Dr Stuart McGill on spinal health and suspension training and research carried out by the military on Muscle Activation studies wanted proof once and for all if it is truly effective.
Summary of The American Council of Sports Research.
The American Council of Sports Research commissioned a study of 16 men and women ranging from 21 to 71 years old, for the purpose of looking for the long-term effects of TRX suspension training.
The group did 60 minutes of TRX sessions three times a week for 8 weeks, their various health markers and physical fitness were measured both after and before the research program.
- They burned about 400 calories per session.
- Their waist circumference decreased.
- The body fat percentage and resting blood pressure decreased.
- They improved their muscle strength and endurance.
The overall results suggest that the individual’s adherence to the suspension training program is more likely to decrease the likelihood of cardiovascular disease.
Although it is true some people have criticized suspension training mainly because it requires a lot of balancing and core strength, which might sometimes lead to injury without proper instructions as said by Cedric X. Bryant a PHD and ACE chief science officer.
But this doesn’t necessarily give a solid reason to avoid TRX suspension workouts.
Beginners should take time to master techniques or train with a qualified instructor or even train with those guys who are already used to this kind of training, so as to help you master the techniques.
In conclusion, taking your time to build TRX skills and techniques would be very beneficial, since it enables a full body workout, plus one can do hundreds of different workouts with it.
Challenge yourself, allow yourself to progress and give them a reason to be jealous of your transformed body!
If You Found This Article To Be Interesting Then These Other Articles Would Definitely Interest You Too.
Click On Them To Read More!
- Is Being Vegan Healthy For Fitness Freaks? – Read More To Find Out Today!
- What If Everything You Knew About Fitness In Sports Is All Wrong? – Read To Find Out Today!